Everyone has a bucket list. Some want to run a marathon, parachute(although I don’t get jumping out of a perfectly fine aircraft), bungee jump or meet a famous person to name a few. While I respect all of those, being a plane/aviation geek, mine probably seem lame compared to having hamburger with George Costanza.
I’ve been working on this for a while and with yesterday being National Aviation Day I figured I needed to get cracking on it. There were a few blogs I read that included seeing certain planes in person, visiting here or there and meeting aviation greats. I read 3 that said they wanted to photograph the Antonov AN-124 and the AN-225. To some a 747 or the A380 are common place at JFK/LAX. In Bangor, not so much. However, the AN-124 is like seeing a CRJ-700 in Bangor. While the AN-225 is a little bit more of a rarity, we still see it once or twice a year.
Without further interruption and because I’m starving here they are in no particular order:
- Boeing Factory Tour – Everett, WA
- Evergreen Aviation and Space Museum – McMinnville, OR
- Fly along and photograph a refueling mission with the Maine Air National Guard 101st Air Refueling Wing
- Airbus Factory Tour – Toulouse/Finkenwerder
- Get my pilots license
- Maho Beach/Princess Juliana International Airport, St. Maarten
- Take a flight on a 787 Dreamliner
- Take a flight on an A380
- Do an up close and personal shoot with an A380 as well as a 787 Dreamliner(Or if you’re British Airways I could hit 4 birds with one stone).
- Attend Farnborough Air Show
- Featured photographer for a major airline doing air to air and behind the scenes shots.
- Eat a Biscoff cookie a day for the rest of my life.
What is on your Av/Plane Geek Bucket list?