The 2017 air show season in New England is a few months away, but given the snowy forecast for tomorrow, I decided to throw together a list of shows here in New England as well as a few of the
major national shows that are among the best of the best. Here they are with links to the show page.
- April 4th-9th Sun’n Fun Fly-In – Lakeland-Linder Regional Airport, Lakeland, Florida.
- May 20th-21st Rhode Island Open House and Airshow Quonset State Airport, North Kingstown, Rhode Island.
- July 8th – Pensacola Air Show Pensacola Beach, Florida.
- July 24th-30th EAA Air Venture Wittman Regional Airport, Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
- August 12th-13th Westfield International Air Show Barnes Air National Guard Base, Westfield, Massachusetts.
- August 26th-27th Great State of Maine Air Show Brunswick Executive Airport, Brunswick, Maine.
- September 7th-10th International Seaplane Fly In Moosehead Lake, Greenville, Maine.
- Setpember 13th-17th Reno National Championship Air Races Reno Stead Airport, Reno Nevada.
- September 16th-17th New York Air Show Stewart International Airport, Newburgh, New York.
- November 11th-12th Nellis Air Show Nellis Air Force Base, Las Vegas, Nevada.
As mud season gets closer here in Maine, I’ll start to throw a list together of local fly-ins at some of the smaller fields around Maine. I attended one last year and had a blast, granted it was in my pickup but it has a Boeing sticker on it, so, it sorta counts. Also, I’m working on a new project to promote general aviation in the great state of Maine and will be presenting at the 2017 Maine Aviation Forum at the Owls Head Transportation Museum on February 18th. After that I’ll post an update to it and hopefully gather more support for it.